Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Where have I been? Good question. How do I start this? Do I say that there has been nothing to write about? That would not be true. Do I say I have been in a funk lately? That would also not be true. Do I say there has been no time? That would not be true as well. So…I guess I will just say that there is no excuse, no excuse other than I have not wanted to write. Not wanted to write because I get bored. I get bored with writing about our everyday lives. Yes, I know that may be why you are here…here to read about our everyday lives, but to me that gets boring. Especially when I get behind and then I sit down and realize that I have so much to catch you up on and it would take so long to let you know every detail that I know you are wanting to know about, so I just don’t write. So…I have come up with some sort of a solution. Not sure if you will like it, but it will definitely help me to get things up here more often and not get so bored with the mundane things that make up our everyday lives! Don’t worry your precious little hearts, you will still hear of all things that are The Ferrero Four, but in between I am going to talk about things, things that I feel strongly about or things that I feel someone might want to hear my opinion about. I already have a laundry list of things from Houses verses homes to love to realizing marriage means waking up every morning to the same person for the rest of your life. Today though…today…I will let you know what has been happening because I know a lot of you are very curious of all things Ferrero.

Let’s start with the youngest, the baby, the possibly last child of this Ferrero Four family that might not ever become a Ferrero Five…Kenzie Roo. I guess her biggest issue since you last heard from us was that she was bitten by the “pig” and by that I mean that she contracted the swine flu. Yes, I have watched the news and yes I have read the stories, but did you know that the regular flu kills tens of thousands of people around the world every year. Am I saying that the swine flu is something to play with? No…I am saying that it something new and so everyone is panicked about it but I can tell you from experience that most likely it is no worse if not easier than the normal everyday flu that people get. Are there side effects? Complications? Yes! Makenzie developed Pneumonia as a side effect of the flu but she got through it and so did we! Would I have vaccinated her if it was available before she contracted it…absolutely not (but we can save that for another post.)! She did survive and she is fine. I think the human population itself has made this into such a greater deal than it is. Especially when you look at the numbers of people who die from Influenza type B (normal flu) and type A or H1N1 (aka Swine Flu). Anyways…like I said…she survived and we are all just fine.

We always call Kylie our drama queen and now Kenzie has become our animated queen. Her personality and vocabulary cracks me up daily. She is definitely one of the most talkative 2 year olds I know. Does everyone always understand her? No. Do we…yes. She is in LOVE with her Nana and most of the time drives her crazy with her fascination of all things that are Nana but I know she eats it up. If she is not listening to me… all I have to say is that I am going to call Nana and tell her she is not being a good girl and she becomes putty in my hands! I find it quite funny and probably abuse that power but it seems to work and so I am all about it. She has recently become our singing bee…she loves music….all music and can repeat…sing songs that she has only heard once or twice. She is amazingly tough and can be rough quite often but then in an instance can become the most loving, sweet, precious thing you have ever laid eyes on.

We then move on to my Kylie, my first born, the one that turned her daddy’s life around. She is in the full swing of second grade and again I could not be more proud. For the first time in her school career her grades are based on the alphabet and not just Effort, Satisfactory, etc. We have received her first true report card and I am happy to report that just as I expected she earned all A’s! I mean, she is my child and I am totally not surprised. Would she call me a homework Nazi? Yes. Do I make her rewrite her homework if I feel it is sloppy? Yes. Do I make up my own “homework” from the school work she brings home that is wrong? Yes. Does it pay off? Absolutely! She has straight A’s right? She has also just finished her first season as a PeeWee Softball player. She was actually allowed to pitch (fast pitch) this season and she is in love. She has been working like crazy to master the art of pitching and is sure that this is her calling in softball. She is actually one of the only girls at the age of 7 that can get it over the plate and someone has actually hit it. I do understand that the point is not for the girls to be able to hit it as you do want to strike them out but the fact that it is even in the vicinity that another 7 year can shows that she has the right idea. She is still our very dramatic 7 year old going on 17 that thinks life is unfair because she does not have a cell phone or an iPod touch but I find her absolutely amazing and can only imagine where she can go from here.

So this is your quick fix of a few things that have been going on around our house. Is it everything? No. Are most details that I left out just the norm? Yes. Have we had some hardships lately? Well, all I can say to that one is did you see the flooding that our state endured? If you did than you can imagine that some of the worst you saw was almost in our backyard. We are all still here and still alive unlike one lady that lived literally 2 miles from us. Did we have damage? Yes. Are we still fixing that? Yes. But again we are all still here and as of last week Rian is back at work again and hopefully this time it will be for good. We have a roof over our head, priceless family, amazing friends, and love, hope, and thankfulness in our hearts, so as far as I am concerned we are doing just fine!

“As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit.” – Emmanuel Teney

No comments: